Macbook Pro vs New Mac Pro , what is the best way to go?

Hey guys

I would like to hear what you all think between the new apple machines.

I would like to list the pros and cons.

For example only the 17" macbook pro has firewire 800, and only the Mac Pros have eSata, yet niether of these 2 machines are portable :(

And i am looking for one i can do eveyrthing i need on it, from internet to recording live bands etc, so what is the best way to go, do i realy have to engrave my studio in one location?

how is the macbook pro not portable?

did i misunderstand ya? :?:

The 17" ? is way to big to use as a personal computer, i have seen so many of them beat up from movng around.

If i had a 17" here, i would rather leave it in the studio and take it TO GO only for sessions, not as a personal CPU to lay in bed to edit session, go on the net or even take everywhere for anything thing and any reason.

The 17" is the only portable apple offers with firewire 800...i would love to see a 15" with FW800 or eSATA.

I am using the 12" as we speak and i go everywhere with it and all the time.

i see. it would be a pretty big change to go from the 12 to the 17.

i guess it doesn't seem too bad to me because i lug around a 20" iMac when i play live!

i don't know what to tell ya.

Well, i am asking the people who need FW800 or and eSata.,

Is it worth getting stuck with the giant electric heater (mac Pro) or a huge art pad looking (macbook pro)?, is there even a real choice if you have to use eSata and or FW800? , cause these are the only machines apple is offering to the ever demanding digital editors who need that tye of hard drive speed to work.

Hi

How about something like this and a Macbook Pro 15"

http://firmtek.stores.yahoo.net/sata2ensm2e.html

I have no experience of using these devices but you may be able to get some more info on them.

Jason

thats great, hope it all works smoothly

Are there any with both firewire 400 & 800 with eSata as well?., ill try looking, so far in the last 15 mins i had searcheed with varias titles and had no luck.

Have you used this PCMA card at all?

• 2 weeks later...

Is it worth getting stuck with the giant electric heater

You obviously have not checked it out very well. The New Mac Pro does not

get as hot because it is a totally different machine than the G5. That is why they can have 4 internal hard drives and 2 internal DVD drives, they took out most of the 9 cooling fans.

cause these are the only machines apple is offering to the ever demanding digital editors who need that tye of hard drive speed to work.

Apple usually brings out new hardware every 6 months. I am sure they will have more choices then.

was not talking about temprature here.,

it is the ugliest thing as well as so huge, and i want a portable studio ;)

but i agree that the future is finaly here with the 64 bits and all, but i will wait for sure., im just hoping to have something called a solution but my drives seem to only be getting fuller and i need more speed and space.