Metric Halo still a contender?

Hi there. I come from working with a digi 002 rack but am starting to use logic and have heard people say that other audio interfaces, such as metric halo and fireface are better.

Would love anybody's take on a good audio interface for logic...

Thanks,

Pete

Absolutely! Metric Halo rocks! I have the MH Mobile I/O 2882 +DSP and have had only great success with it! The converters and preamps are simply stellar!

I recommend downloading their beta software which adds support for Mackie Control surfaces, and has a stand alone record panel as well as many great DSP plugins. I also highly recommend the MH Users listserv--- great discussions from many well informed people including mastering guru Bob Katz.

Thanks so much for your input, really really appreciate it. I'm leaning toward the ULN-2, best price i've found so far is about $1050.

Just bought the Martin Sitter logic 101 video, and hope to be able to get up to speed as soon as possible.

Guess that means spending some time on this forum too :-)

Thanks again.

Pete

You might be able to find a better price if you look around. I remember paying $900 for mine and that was a couple of years back. I'm talking a brand new unit from an authorized reseller. Problem with Metric Halo is they don't seem to have a very solid distribution network. It takes ages to get a pricing even from the largest retailers like Guitar Center and Sam Ash.

Note that some come with the DSP chip, some don't.

im totally happy with my ULN2!! after trying the motu traveler and the 828mkll and some other m audio stuff it really blew my socks of when i done my first vocal with a tube condeser...sooo big and clear,i nearly baught the fireface 400 but done a switch at last minut beacause i couldnt imagine not having the trim and gain,monitor out and headphone pots right there to quikly adjust in session!!

definatly a great card