Is it Cheating to use presets?

Maverick

I've got the number of a good therapist. She can get you over this "issue" you are harbouring deep in your creative soul. You CAN heal this most grievous attitude. Truly, you can.

And by your kind offer of help alone I am healed.

And for that I thank you.

And in my mind's ear I'm hearing an accordion version of "And With His Stripes We Are Healed". Do you know that one?

I've got the number of a good therapist. She can get you over this "issue" you are harbouring deep in your creative soul. You CAN heal this most grievous attitude. Truly, you can.

And by your kind offer of help alone I am healed.

And for that I thank you.

And in my mind's ear I'm hearing an accordion version of "And With His Stripes We Are Healed". Do you know that one?

I am uncharacteristically proud that I do not! :twisted:

I am uncharacteristically proud that I do not! :twisted:

Philistine!

;)

I knew a Phillis Stein from somewhere. I think it was back in '87? Tall leggy woman with a beehive hairdo and chocolate coloured leather knee-high boots. I think she was in electric razor sales? Or maybe it was Tupperware? Whatever... She had this great laugh and an absurd attitude towards tofu or any other bean-curd related meals. Well, anyway, we were lovers for a short time, if I remember correctly, and during a quiet time in the afterglow (I think it was after a Tubes concert) she mentioned that she had an abnormal fear of using makeup techniques that directly copied what Cheryl Tiegs was using at the time. This truly was a great concern to her that she might, in any way, appear unoriginal to the world. I'm pretty sure what I said to her was "Did you make any coffee?".

*sigh*

*shakes head*

Now.... WHERE WERE WE?

I knew a Phillis Stein from somewhere. I think it was back in '87? Tall leggy woman with a beehive hairdo and chocolate coloured leather knee-high boots. I think she was in electric razor sales? Or maybe it was Tupperware? Whatever... She had this great laugh and an absurd attitude towards tofu or any other bean-curd related meals. Well, anyway, we were lovers for a short time, if I remember correctly, and during a quiet time in the afterglow (I think it was after a Tubes concert) she mentioned that she had an abnormal fear of using makeup techniques that directly copied what Cheryl Tiegs was using at the time. This truly was a great concern to her that she might, in any way, appear unoriginal to the world. I'm pretty sure what I said to her was "Did you make any coffee?".

So I called your therapist. I said that you recommended him but he couldn't recall who you were. So I said, "Well, do you remember a guy... I dunno, something about 1987, beehive hairdo, Tubes concert" and mid-sentence he cut me off, exclaiming, "Oh, THAT guy!" After a long pause, he continued in a more resigned voice... "Yeah, I know who you're talking about. Yeah... yeah... it's because of him that I can't listen to accordion music anymore without having to pop a few phenobarbs to calm me down." Then I asked him how he felt about taking on a new client who manifests an unrequited longing for his own bassoon, and he promptly hung up on me.

Tsk.

So I called your therapist. I said that you recommended him but he couldn't recall who you were. So I said, "Well, do you remember a guy... I dunno, something about 1987, beehive hairdo, Tubes concert" and mid-sentence he cut me off, exclaiming, "Oh, THAT guy!" After a long pause, he continued in a more resigned voice... "Yeah, I know who you're talking about. Yeah... yeah... it's because of him that I can't listen to accordion music anymore without having to pop a few phenobarbs to calm me down." Then I asked him how he felt about taking on a new client who manifests an unrequited longing for his own bassoon, and he promptly hung up on me.

Tsk.

yeah. :? He's like that.

But I always say NEVER TRUST A THERAPIST WHO APPEARS SANE. :D

It´s not like your taking a loop of that guitar alone and submitting that as your piece right? You altered it in some way... It's called sampling, so technically... Though it's frowned upon by me (if you just take a preset and do NOTHING to make it at all different... but that's what you do with a piano right? You can't really do much to a piano. Or to a guitar... Or what not.)

Or if you mean a synth preset... Well then that's call subractive synthesis (if you change it I mean.)