Recording with Reason

DeNon

kinda of a complex setup to do so if you want to do each redrum as its own channel in logic, but if you just want stereo then it is fairly simple. just send the stereo outs of redrum to the patchbay of reason.

then in logic create a new rewire object, a new audio object and cable those together and set the channel of the audio object to the patch bay channel you have redrum plugged into as well as the rewire object (this is off the top of my head so i maybe a little off or twisted)

set the output of the audio object to a bus to no output

create an aux and assign the input as the bus you have created.

now in the arrange you can select the rewire object for redrum

and in the track mixer you can put logic effects on the aux you created

okay. yes the very top device in Reason. it looks like a patch bay. when i rewire i bypass Reasons mixer all together, and go straight to that device, because that is your direct link to logic.

if i can get off the forums and get away from logic long enough (man i am learning everyday) i am working on a pdf of the setup for a fairly complex rewire setup.

i might just connect the camera and do a small video. would be quicker.

i will post it here and at apple logic forum when done. i think i might do this tomorrow after mass.

• 3 months later...

For some reason unknown to me when I use stereo rewire from reason, the pans aren't correct. They're vaguely centered, but full pans are not possible.

The stereo Rewire works fine in Live 6 though!

I found this post very useful. I routed my Reason to outputs 5/6 and made a mono track for each. Panned them hard each direction, and now I have stereo out of Reason.

Thanks! :D

Logic Pro 7.2.3 now comes with stereo rewire channels for Reason!!

Doesn't that only work for the first Rewire pair? I don't know. I have logic 7.1 and after I heard that the stereo pairing is limited I decided to skip 7.2.

What I've done is send rewire channels to bus objects as pairs and then send those busses to aux objects. Kind of a pain to do, but you do it once and save it to your autoload and you're good to go.

I'm testing this subjet, and all works fine.

Logic show me stereo rewire channels for Reason, 1/2 (L+R MIX), 3/4, 5/6... and so on.

I can play diferent reason devices through multiple connection in audio interface and redirect rewire flow to logic, to stereo rewire inputs, and the panning works ok.

I tested a combinator with two subtractors, Sub1 to 3 input on audio interface and Sub2 to 4 input there. In logic, 3/4 stereo rewire channel plays my superwide stereo comb sound, and if I panning to left and right I can listen to Sub1 (full left) or Sub2 (full right).

;)