The 'Mixing Box' professionally mixes your songs online!

New Mixing, Vocal and Drum Correction Product Services For Music & Postproduction Offered From the mixingbox at audioMIDI.com

SUNNYVALE, CA • 25 SEPTEMBER 2006 – the mixingbox (http://www.themixingbox.com), the first-mover to deliver personal product services for music and postproduction, has teamed up with audioMIDI.com to offer four new exciting mixing services for music and postproduction. The convenient and accessible mixingbox services include: session MIX COMPLETE, session MIX, vocal FIX and drum FIX. Musicians can submit projects created using any of the major DAW applications and receive high quality mixes, vocal correction and drum editing done by professional engineers. Unlike other mixing services, the mixingbox not only delivers a bounced version of the final project/song, but also returns the entire Pro Tools session—including the individual tracks and stems—so that end-users can open the session and learn from the mixingbox experience.

“Many end-users don't even know where to find a professional to help them mix and improve their music,” says Scott Church, co-founder of the mixingbox. “If they do find someone, issues such as schedule and price make working with a producer like buying a car, except even worse—many top-notch engineers won't take on the enduser who may not be at their level. This fear of rejection, plus the hassle of negotiating, is more than many musicians are willing to undergo. When you buy one of our products/services, at a flat-rate for one project/song, you get a team of professionals working to take that project/song to the highest level. Each team member of the mixingbox does what they do best, elevating the quality of the entire project/song.”

The mixingbox accepts projects from most major DAW applications, including Pro Tools, Logic, Nuendo/Cubase, Digital Performer, Live and Reason. The entire project is rebuilt in Pro Tools HD—the industry standard for music and postproduction. They work with McDSP and Sound Toys plug-ins, which are available in both TDM and RTAS versions so that end-users can open the session on a Pro Tools system and learn from their team of professionals.

About the mixingbox services:

• session MIX COMPLETE is a bundle that includes session MIX, vocal FIX and drum FIX enabling end-users to submit their projects to the mixingbox for professional mixing complete with editing of drum and vocal tracks. $899 MSRP

• session MIX provides end-users with a professional mix of their projects. By using a team of engineers, the mixingbox is able to match the right engineers to the project. $699 MSRP

• vocal FIX affords end-users with the opportunity to have the vocal tracks of their projects meticulously tweaked by correcting intonation, timing and harmony. $249 MSRP

• drum FIX affords end-users with the opportunity to have the drum tracks of their projects carefully tightened by correcting timing and feel, as well as enhancing the sound of the drum kit. $249 MSRP

About the mixingbox

The mixingbox is the first-mover in the music industry to provide personal product services for music and postproduction. Using a team of professional engineers, the mixingbox is able to offer end-users convenient and affordable mixing and production services for taking their projects to the highest level of quality possible.

Great questions – Although we happily accept projects from Logic Pro and other popular DAW applications, we cannot mix directly in them. Because we work as a team, we had to standardize on a single platform. We chose to start with Pro Tools HD because it is an industry standard, and plus, it's what our engineers use. However, we know that many people would like to have it mixed and returned in the application they did it in. It presents a lot of logistical challanges for us, but it is something we are hoping to do in the future. In the meantime, we had to start somewhere and hope that by accepting any application and rebuilding it in Pro Tools works at the outset.

If you have any other feedback and thoughts, please let us know, we are listening and because this is a new concept, enduser input will really shape future offerings.

Cheers,

Scott

I do have one more question that comes from my label...

They would like to know if you can offer a list of engineers and/or producers and possibly a track record for each of them . This is a very good idea, and my team has been looking for something like this. We are all aspiring artists/producers and sound engineers and hope to become self sufficient one day. I think that when you are able to return them in logic it will a bit better since we use that program and we are trying to learn what it takes to do some of the things that are listed above in that program. Pro Tools is great too though obviously, and Logic Audio will be a smaller market, but perhaps when people begin to see Logic's capabilities and make a switch, or at least a convergence of the two, it will be just that much better.

PS thanks for the quick reply, in this biz, that doesn't usually happen. ;)

Hi,

Thanks for following up. As for if you can offer a list of engineers and/or producers and possibly a track record for each of them, we actually have to keep everything anonymous with the engineers that are involved, because in many cases they are working below their standard rate. However, what we are going to do in the near future, is list their "collective" credits, so you can see what albums the mixingbox "team" has worked on. I think that will address what you are looking for?

I would love to heare some of your stuff, if you have a link I could check out that would be awesome. Alsok we hear you on the Logic thing, hopefully with some time we can make that happen, just had to start somewhere :-)

Cheers,

Scott

Sounds good, thanks Scott. Well as far as the music goes, this isn't anywhere close to what we want to have it sound like, and the songs i have posted may not even go into production, however, this will give you a taste of something I call regea elclectic messianic inpspirational electronica.

Thanks again!

Joshua

www.myspace.com/kaplansfusion

Sounds good, thanks Scott. Well as far as the music goes, this isn't anywhere close to what we want to have it sound like, and the songs i have posted may not even go into production, however, this will give you a taste of something I call regea elclectic messianic inspirational electronica.

Thanks again!

Joshua

www.myspace.com/kaplansfusion

Hi Joshua,

Checked out your MySpace page, I really liked Odyssey. You are right, there is a lot that can be done with the mix, but the writing is great and you definitely have your Logic chops down. The coolest part, is now I know what "regea elclectic messianic inspirational electronica" sounds like. Awesome.

Cheers,

Scott