Edirol FA-66 (Firewire)

I've bought an Edirol FA-66 Audio interface (Firewire). The device is Bus-powered (although its also possible to power it through an AC adapter.)

I've got a brand new MacPro 2,66, and ive got the device bus-powered.

When i connect my Condenser mic (a Nady 900) i have very little signal. In fact, i have to turn the sensitivity knob all the way up to get a good signal (Using Logic Pro 7.2.3). I've checked wether ive turned the impendance on Low, wether the phantom power is on, wether there are any other settings on the device that i missed out on etc etc.

Ive used this very mic with the same cable on a Boss BR-900CD (Portable recording station), and i had the sensitivity below the first quarter of the dial with very good signal.

I'm completely puzzled. Is there anything software-wise that i should be aware of? the FA-66 came without any drivers or software, since it's supported by Apple's good old built-in drivers system... but do i have to set something up in Logic or anything like that?

I hope anyone has any experience with this type of problem. Thanks in advance!

- G

Edit: I also tried powering the device through an AC adapter, with the same results... so its not that the device supplies insufficient phantom power when bus-powered.