Switch between tools (Pencil, Pointer etc.) without ESC

riggidy

Another option is to get a multibutton mouse. These are great for selecting tools and or the toolbox.

Also don't forget that the tool selections are stored as part of your screenset, as are the secondary tools (when pressing Command) .. (even if editors are closed when you save the screenset)

Combined with the (preference set) mulltitools, you can set up some fairly elaborate combinations to accelerate workflow.

Because all the key commands are addressable via midi as well, you can assign tools to buttons on midi controllers too!

Another question regarding the 'tool box'

Is it possible to make logic 9's tool menu (from escape button) to look and act like logic 7's? Im not sure why, but the new (since version 8 ) drop down list instead of a series of small icons really bugs me!

Thanks. 8)

Is it possible to make logic 9's tool menu (from escape button) to look and act like logic 7's?

No. I mean, you could always go back to Logic 7.... but that's about the only workaround I can think of.

Hmm... Ok thanks, im not prepared to 'downgrade' really. I rely on flex audio and midi all too often.

PS I bought your training book for my dad, hes totally new to Logic and music production, but hes really enjoying it!

• 11 years later...

Somewhere along the updates, I lost the ability to hold command down, which would change my primary tool into my secondary tool...and back to the primary when I would release the command key. Any idea how to get this back. I've searched through the Key Commands but Toggle and Tool appear nowhere together.

Thanks to any and all with any help! :)

For the Command Tool to be available, you have to select Enable Complete Features in Preferences > Advanced. Once you've done that, you should be able to select the tools for left/right/command clicks in the toolbar at the the top of the arrange page.

PS - that's an impressively old thread you've resurrected!