Some sort of word-clock problem?

jolsenvincen

Hi,

I got some sort of word-clock problem, although it seems to me.

I'm try'ing to run Native Instruments Maschine (standalone) next to logic.

But the audio i'm getting into logic just sounds crap!

I use a M-audio profire2626 to output Maschine on.

I then input the profire2626 in logic.

At first i didn't want to lay the blame with logic, so i did all sorts of different testing. It appeared that it works fine in ableton, so nothing wrong with maschine nor the profire. I checked the sample rate's they all match up.

Here is just how crappie it sounds:

http://rapidshare.com/files/390131496/Problem_wave_demo.wav.html

M-Audio drivers don't do multi-client well. First thing to be sure of is that the buffer size set in Maschine is the same as what you have Logic set to.

Since both apps are clocking from the same interface, word clock sync shouldn't be a problem.

First thing to be sure of is that the buffer size set in Maschine is the same as what you have Logic set to.

Strange enough Maschine doesn't seem to have a buffersize setting, so instead i tried changing Logic's to maybe match Maschine's.

But no setting seems to yield any success.

I think i have to come back on this one, since i now mailed Native Instruments about there buffersize setting in the Maschine software.

Although i can say it's strange enough that Ableton hasn't got any problems what so ever with the same routing/setup, so i would say my m-audio driver is capable of multi client'ing.

But than again i'm not that of an hero in Ableton, so i would like to get this right in Logic :D

Thanks for your help by the way,