making different songs sound uniformed by volume level

mockymock

what's the best way of getting different songs at the same overall volume level? i've strapped on the 'level meter' on output 1 & 2 to see what each individual song is peaking at. what should it be peaking at? then i've brought down individual channels so that the mix in is line with other songs. is that the best way to do it?

I would use the RMS level on the Level Meter plugin and reduce the loudest songs until they are all at the same level. Then tweak it to taste.

You may want to learn about mastering (which is a complex subject!). Perhaps use gentle compression and EQ and then a limiter to knock off no more than 3db from the peaks. Good luck!

I would use the RMS level on the Level Meter plugin and reduce the loudest songs until they are all at the same level. Then tweak it to taste.

You may want to learn about mastering (which is a complex subject!). Perhaps use gentle compression and EQ and then a limiter to knock off no more than 3db from the peaks. Good luck!

ok, i will do that. but should i have them at a particular level on the RMS meter. 0db for example?