One user or two...and a few more questions?

GORILLA

I've always been told to have a two user account on my Mac. One for audio, with just the audio app. in my dock and the other for my Photo Shop/ graphics apps.

Is that such a big deal, now that I'm totally using Apple software -Logic Pro 7/ F.C.P./ DvD studio Pro/ Motion? I was using P.T.L.E. and just yesterday I picked up a new;

G5 dual 2.0Ghz

160g main drive & 250g second internal

2.5 gigs of ram.

I want to load stuff in it once (it's gonna be a long long process :) ) so this is why I am asking.

Also. Do you all have your sample libraries on the second drive and record to Fire Wire drives, or vis-a-versa? In the past, I've put things just anywhere /internals- F.W.'s

Thanks!!!

:D

I used to work with two accounts and it's a pain to always be switching (even with fast user switching). I don't think you gain that much, especially if your system is pretty much streamlined for media production.

On a streamlined mac, one account is definitely all you need. If you have a lot of stuff, a second account might be a good idea, or even an external firewire drive with an additional booting volume.