Apple Loops Utility

snifferhorse

I'm getting crashes whenever 'Apple loops Utility' opens while Logic7.2 is running, this has resulted in hours of lost work! I can however open Apple Loops successfully when Logic is not open- but this defeats the purpose. I'd also like to find out what Apple Loops Utility actually does? I assume it works like Recycle, ie: translating audio to midi information. :?

you know, this is one of life's mistery you'll never understand.. Apple should have make this small(just couple of lines of code) but very handy feature available since version 7.0.. Whatever

I'm not familiar w/ PT/nuendo/cubase though. They have the autosave feature?

You can autosave using Apple Script -get it here:

http://www.opuslocus.com/logic/

The disadvantage of Autosave IMO is, unless you allow very many versions to be saved, you soon overwrite all your previous versions. That could mean that returning to an earlier version when you need to becomes impossible. And, it's completely random whether the Autosave would come just before a crash, unless you save every few minutes, which is kind of ridiculous.

I prefer the manual way- get into the habit of saving whenever the song has moved on significantly- and maybe save progressing versions under other names (A,B,C, etc). Also, in time, you get to know what can make Logic crash, and save the song before doing it.

Since Logic 7 (I think) Logic often manages to save the song when a crash comes. That's a kind of progress.

RR

Thanks for tips on saving, however I still don't understand why Logic Pro 7.2 crashes every time I open Apple Loop Utility At present the only wayI can open Apple Loop Utility without my computer crashing is to quit logic 7.2 application and then open Apple Loop Utility. Is this normal or is there some way I can run logic 7.2 and Apple Loop Utility together?

I'm sure it's not hardware problem- I'm using Mac G5 Quad (not the pentium duo), 4GB RAM and Latest Apple OS.

Also Big Up's to this site and everyone who contributes ideas, answers and their valuable time- simply brilliant!

Yes I am running latest Apple Loops Utility version 1.4 and Logic Pro 7.2.3...

still crashes ?

My guess is that your prefs are corrupted.

Drag the Logic folder out of your Library Preferences folder to the desktop, run Repair Permissions in Disk Utility then and see if the problem goes away.

But don't trash that folder as you will need it to retrieve your key commands.