Doing it proppa with the help of you folk!!!

Lycan

Greeting digital land, I just upgraded my Puter and I am reinstalling everything fresh into the new Macpro. I want to make sure I HAVE everything installed Proppa!! This tower will be primarily used for sound creation with Internet hook-up for updating all hardware and soft ware…. And to watch blazzzzzzing fast Internet smuttyness!! Not really on the last part. So upon set-up of the OS in my macpro, I have disables the printer drivers and language drivers. I was told this would free up some extra ioioioioioioooiiooioioioooo space (is this true?). Is there anything else I can disable to maximize processor performance? Also how would I bring over certain files / I-Tunes library/ Personal files, I-photo pics etc. without transferring the entire hard drive? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I will be back with questions on setting up my logic 7 environments, folders, and samples and where to put everything else. Many thank all!!!!!

Ps. Before I install logic. Should I install all my hardware and software drivers in first? Thanks again

Yes, I usually disable languages and printer drivers as well. Just gives you a little extra MB and a slimmer system (you can look at the required space needed to install OS X update as you select or deselect your packages).

As for migrating your documents, you need to network your machines (firewire, wireless, ethernet) and either do it manually or using /Applications/Utilities/Migration Assistant (firewire only).

David,

In regards to the fire wire process of transfwering my shizzle. Is that pretty much a drag and drop way of doing it or are there other steps with in that process? That will be the way I do this step.

10 Q,

Miguel

Archived