ProTools : Logic

i would like to start a topic about protools : logic.

i was inspired to do so by reading some of the posts. some of you hate protools, some of you don’t. i just would like to get more opinions... that’s all.

now, i come from protools TDM or HD TDM if you will. i’d like to point one important thing: LE is not protools!!!!!!! let me compare the two. TDM is like coffee; LE is like decaf. so if you have your coffee you will get your kick. consequently if you drink your decaf you will get some of the great coffee taste but no kick. are you angry at decaf? no... why... no need to be angry... choose what you like.

i am very new to logic and perhaps i need more time to really have deeper opinion but as for now i do love logic and find it extremely useful.

would i give up portools ??? NO!!! i will try to get the best of both. but one thing is very clear: i will finish the project in protools - not in logic.

please don’t get me wrong... i am not trying to say that logic is any less than protools. logic has many things that protools don’t and protools have things that logic has not. logic is definitely a strong coffee and i have tons of fun learning it.... but!!!!! it is a full time job... LOL

if some one ask me about what software would be best - i would have to give two answers:

1. for home studio - definitely LOGIC

2. for commercial use - ProTools HD TDM and Logic.

i hope you can understand my chaotic english writing.... lol lol lol

so, what is your opinion?

bal