Keyboard with no octave shift, can Logic work this mess out?

Plax

OK JB, here ya go! As you'll see, I created a simulation of the buttons and their behavior in the environment to test it out and it all seems to work. (Just delete all the stuff in the box (and the box too) if you don't want it).

It might look fugly, but it's all ready to pack into a macro if you want.

I included a panic button as well, because if you hold down notes while you switch octaves you're going to get hung notes. I could incorporate this function so that every time you change octaves from the Nord it sends an All Notes Off into Logic, but that would cost ya extra :mrgreen: and it also makes a nasty "click" on some plugins. So just don't hold down notes while you change octaves and you should be good.

Alternatively, just start and stop Logic real quick and that'll kill stuck notes too.

296385905_Screenshot2013-03-12at10_30_34PM.png.97149d604fcdaf425b7e758781d36b12.png

Nord Oct Button .logic.zip

Ski,

I sincerely can't thank you enough. This works perfectly, I'm so happy right now!

I'm an artist and producer trying to learn a bit more about the environment as it keeps coming up that I need environment fixes.

I've studied what you've sent me (and what you've wrote in this and other forums related to this), but I seem to be missing a few pieces of understanding. If you feel so compelled, what is the general logic (no pun intended) of each step of this chain? Specifically the "parse CC#29" and meta portion.

And also, I highlighted everything from "Macro In" to "Macro Out" and saved that as a macro. Am I correct in that in future projects, I just bring that macro into the click & ports layer and connect the Sum to the macro then connect that to the "Sequencer Input"? Is there an easy way to save a macro for easy import into future sessions?

All the best,

Hey, you're very welcome! Glad this is working for you. And doing it gave me a needed diversion from what I've been working on the past few days.

I just attempted to write up an explanation of how this works, but it got VERY lengthy (because it's complicated) and I'm too burnt to finish it. But let me give you a hint which might reveal what's going on...

Open the "Transpose" transformer. Then look in the ADD field as you click the on-screen buttons. Watch how the value in the transformer itself actually changes in response to the CC#29 values generated by the buttons. (Of course, you can also hit the buttons your Nord).

If time permits I'll try again in a day or so to post a cogent explanation. Right now I'm not feeling too, um, cogent, as it's been a long week. :lol:

• 1 year later...
Hey, you're very welcome! Glad this is working for you. And doing it gave me a needed diversion from what I've been working on the past few days.

Any chance you still use this forum and need another diversion? :D

(Or anyone else that reads this :) )

I have a traktor f1 and I want to be able to change the octave of the pads via an up and down button press. Im wondering if its even possible with pads as opposed to keys and if maybe one of the previous 'patches(?)' Ski has made could be tweaked slightly to allow other users to easily make it work for their midi controller?

Cheers Ski/guys