Routing to busses

beebolbod

Hi,

I'm slowly getting more and more out of Logic (i use it for house music production solely) and have been trying to start taking advantage of the busses.

My problem is that once i've routed a track to a bus, i still hear that track PLUS the track through the bus (so i end up with basically a duplicated track).

I've tried silencing the original at the point it enters the bus but of course then the bus goes quiet too.

Am i doing something wrong ot have i missed the point of the bus?

Thanks.

As part of this question, i've been trying to get that "muffled tiny speaker" sound that has been used on so many decent house/dance tracks.

I suspect i need to route everything i want to sound this way down a bus (see original question) but could osmeone please tell my also HOW to get that sound?

I'm quite sure it's filters i'm after but i've never quite got it right.

Cheers.

Sounds like you're using sends to route to the busses. Set your send to "pre" instead of "post" and then mute the original signal - that way you'll only hear the bus. Or, you could just set the output of your original track to the bus itself (just make sure to kill the send).

Thanks v much. Routing my tracks into busses has answered my 2nd question and opened up exactly what i was after.

Little by little, bit by bit....

If you are going to use the bus to route to an aux, you will probably want to make the associated bus object set to "no output".

More on busses and auxes here....

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=4159