First, mostly complete logic song. Feedback anyone?

chinamink

Hello All,

Here is a link to my first, almost complete Logic song:

http://www.thealso-rans.com/dropbox/The-Wildest.mp3

I'd like to get some feedback regarding mainly the sound of it so please bear with it if the genre is not your thing (electro-rock). The live drums are the first time I've mic'd a set and my mixing skills are amateur for the time being.

Thanks in advance.

Cool intro, but I hear the shots that come in as being off beats and then when the drums kick in I realize the down beat is in a different place. So it sounds a bit confusing to me until I settle in with the "new" downbeat.

I want the drums to be more in your face, they seem a little quiet compared to some of the synth stuff. Maybe it's just the snare that needs to be louder. Sometimes the synth bass sounds a bit late compared to the drums but othertimes it feels tight.

I like the break in texture about a third way through. I would like to hear a return of those intor synth/steel drum kind of sounds later in the piece. They were so cool, why not use them again?

i know what you mean about the drums being periodically off. the drums were recorded when the song was just the dark arpeggiated intro so as it developed i had to cut and paste an A & B part so i think that's where there's some timing issues. Also the drums are suppose to have a big, wide open feel but their was so much leakage with the high-hat into the snare and high-tom that i had to dial the whole thing back.

The drum tracks are going to get redone now that we've tweaked the kit and mic placements so hopefully that will greatly improve the backbone of the track.

Thanks again for taking the time to listen.