Can Audio files from Bounce.. end up back in Arrange Window?

Eric Wikman

Hello,

I've been on Cubase for 15 years, and have now bought Logic Pro... and learning it fast.

In SX3 I always bounce regions, or export regions/tracks etc... in very many situations. The resulting audio file can be placed automatically back into the song arrangement. I can't find out how to do this in Logic yet, without dragging the resulting files from the Audio Window...back to the place I wanted them in the song. Is is possible with Logic Pro?

Thanks

No.

Oh, sorry. Welcome to Logic Pro Help, deepswing. Glad to have you here.

Now where was I? Right. No.

I too would like to see this feature. As you know, you can choose to add a bounced file to your Audio window, but there's no way currently to add it to Arrange automatically. You can extract audio from a movie directly to Arrange. I've often wondered why we can't do the same for Bounce.

Perhaps the programmers thought it would be confusing with selecting individual tracks for bouncing and assigning a target track for the bounced file at the same time.

Would be a good feature.

What I do a lot is:

-the last bounced file is always shown selected in the Audio Window. If you have an audio track selected in the Arrange Window, a command-click (Apple-click) on the audio file will plop it onto the audio track at the SPL. If you've set a cycle for the Bounce, that will put your bounced audio right where it belongs.

HTH

RR