Changing overall tempo

bmdeehan

I have a relatively intricate song that I've pretty much finished fully producing (ie. I have all the idea parts done & in time). But the problem is that now I'm realizing that the song is about 5 bpm too fast. I am sending these tracks out to be mixed in protools. Is there an easy way for me to change the tempo without throwing all my audio out of whack? Should I re-record all my audio in the new tempo (which seems like a lot of work)? Or is it extremely easy to do this in protools where I can just have my mixer take care of it? Any and all suggestions will be much appreciated

Thank you all much,

BMD

one way is to consolidate your audio by selecting the regions and pressing J for merge or use the glue tool. This renders them in place. Then select these regions one by one and Local>Audio>Open in Apple Loops Utilty

Here you make all of your tracks apple loops. Then you can easily change the tempo. I pity the engineer who has to do this in Pro Tools.