Official SoundCloud Networking Thread

PRPS

I just dropped 3 new beats on my page.....my audio interface turned to crap so i got an apogee duet....

Here is my SoundCloud page again:

http://soundcloud.com/joey-jeff-productions

get at me on twitter to network:

saw an article that someone tweeted about concerning SoundCloud:

http://www.musicweek.com/story.asp?storycode=1044199

10:13 | Friday February 11, 2011

By Eamonn Forde

Online audio company SoundCloud has now signed up 3m users to its platform globally.

The service had 2m users at the end of last year when it made its iPhone app free and added record functionality to it.

SoundCloud founder and CEO Alexander Ljung said, "To see this kind of exponential increase is incredible. We're working really hard to provide the best possible platform to enable anyone around the world to upload, record, promote and share their sounds across the web, and this milestone demonstrates we're on the right track.”

The company recently received a new round of funding - rumoured to be $10m £6.2m - from Index Ventures and Union Square Ventures. The company said at the time it would use the money to improve the platform and extend its presence in the US by opening an office in San Francisco.

SoundCloud has been growing steadily as a distribution platform for both musicians and record companies and is being used for A&R, marketing and promotion. Its ability to aggregate listener Data for any music on its platform has made it an important analytics tool for labels.

Last year, it signed a deal with blog aggregator The Hype Machine to become the default audio player for many blogs, getting the backing of Domino Recordings in the process.

At the end of last year, it started to use Audible Magic's fingerprinting technology to determine copyright ownership of music exchanged on its platform and to allow the speedy removal of any unlicensed content.

SoundCloud was singled out as one of the new breed of service-based digital companies that venture capitalists are investing in, being seen as a more stable investment than companies that require complex licensing clearance for music use.

Index Ventures partner Saul Klein told Music Week recently, “Our investment thesis became this: in a world of content abundance, what are the things that people value and will actually pay money for? There were two things as we saw it. The first was live, which explains our investments in Songkick and Viagogo. The other was tools and technology that improve or enhance your experience of music - such as Sonos, SoundCloud, DoubleTwist and RJDJ.”

major props to SoundCloud on this

hope this is the right forum. any feedback would be appreciated.

you got some real cool stuff on there. i can honestly say i'm not to familiar with that type of music however after listening to it, i will be a lot more prone to listening to it more

this is an example why i prefer SoundCloud over other sites that let you promote your music. The diversity of music on SoundCloud is a lot greater than many of the sites i have tried. This diversity lets you listen to different genres you might of not heard before. It also gives you the ability to absorb the talents of others, appreciate the tracks you've listened to and maybe even incorporate it into your music.

This is just my 2cents by the way....in no way am i affiliated with SoundCloud..

(however i'm sure if any of us had that opportunity, we would jump for it) :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm another soundclouder. Check my link below.

It's growing fast, last summer there were one million members and they only just announced that they are up to three million now.

Could be ten million or more, this time next year. Not sure if that's good or bad for you and I :?:

nicee.

i wonder if the yearly subscriptions will increase in price :?:

It's growing fast, last summer there were one million members and they only just announced that they are up to three million now.

Could be ten million or more, this time next year. Not sure if that's good or bad for you and I :?:

nicee.

Indeed, I wonder will they get rid of the free accounts and make everyone pay?

nicee.

it doesn't seem too expensive...mind you, i haven't been credited back the time for 2 tracks i just deleted, so i guess the usage is done when it's done....hmmmm

nicee.

i doubt they will do that, but they are growing at a rapid pace.

I have a solo account which was about $120/yr & the next step up is the Pro account which is almost $280/yr

3x the amount of upload hours could be beneficial but it doesnt seem clear on the Professional Insight. Its just more of a breakdown of where your music is getting played...but for another $160/yr i don't think it's worth it

Professional Insight

When your sounds get more important to you, you're going to need the best insight. With Pro level stats you not only find out who has been playing your tracks and the full country-level breakdown but also which sites are playing your embedded tracks, full detail on referral sources and also which apps in the SoundCloud ecosystem are streaming your sounds

i'm adding everyone down this list. it might take a while.. sheesh!

here is mine if you would like to add me before i add you :)

http://soundcloud.com/leahbasskitten

i'm slowly putting up material. i'm trying to put up only new stuff, and not have the old stuff a lot of people have heard.

i would GREATLY welcome some comments, i will do the same. i just have a lot of catching up to do!!

edit:

now that i read the thread i will put in my 17cents...

i agree there is a lot of .. um... crap there. i'm hearing a lot of very similiar material, and i try to use the comments as a reference to find something cool in the song. lots of time i am disappoint.. :(

i do like the comments system, i think thats pretty cool. i've only been playing around for like an evening or two. i will report back when i play around a bit more.

i always wanting people to be able to tell me what they like in my clips, but no one ever really took the effort to say, "at 2:33 i like the bass line". at least with this interface its kinda effortless to do something like that. so i like the way it works and hope to have people tell me what they like in my music. it will be nice to get some feed back finally.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...