Why don't my bounces get added to itunes?

toysun

• 1 month later...
I've tried everything.... latest versions of Logic and itunes, tried manually creating (and deleting) Logicsongs playlist, tried mp3, AAC. Tried trashing prefs...

After the bounce, itunes launches, but that's it.

Any ideas?

thanks,

John

I recently joined this forum, so you may have already got this problem fixed.

I actually hate when my bounced songs automatically get added to iTunes, so I uncheck the "Add To iTunes" box before starting the bounce.

Before starting the bounce I select:

- start and stop points to bounce

- MP3

- and I make sure the "Add To iTunes" is NOT checked.

**In your case, you would need to find and select that box.

If all else fail, simply drag the bounced MP3 into your iTunes library.

Hi dude,

Welcome to the forum. I wish it was as simple as that :D But check my thread: "I've tried everything.... latest versions of Logic and itunes, tried manually creating (and deleting) Logicsongs playlist, tried mp3, AAC. Tried trashing prefs... "

I was pretty rigorous in my testing parameters. I think that it may have something to do with either the xml file that drives itunes libraries and it's permissions OR some strange bug with ID3 tags.

If someone wants to geek out on that level, I'd be happy to try anything!

thanks,

John

Hi dude,

Welcome to the forum. I wish it was as simple as that :D But check my thread: "I've tried everything.... latest versions of Logic and itunes, tried manually creating (and deleting) Logicsongs playlist, tried mp3, AAC. Tried trashing prefs... "

I was pretty rigorous in my testing parameters. I think that it may have something to do with either the xml file that drives itunes libraries and it's permissions OR some strange bug with ID3 tags.

If someone wants to geek out on that level, I'd be happy to try anything!

thanks,

John

Otay Panky...

I had some tracks of a song and I saved it twice with different names.

So before the bounce I switched the sample rate to a rate other than 44.1khz (All the songs in iTunes seem to have a sample rate of 44.1khz)

So I bounced the song as a MP3 with a different sample rate (iTunes box checked) and it did NOT go to iTunes. Instead the file was saved as a Quicktime MP3...

I opened up the saved copy of the original and this time I had the Sample rate set to 44.1khz (and checked the iTunes box) and MP3 selected - bounced it- and it appeared in the iTunes library. Now I have two files in my 'Bounce' folder and one is in the iTunes format, the other in a quicktime format.

So all I have to offer is to make sure youre sample rate is set to 44.1khz

If you can attach a picture of your bounce screen (press 'Apple key' 'shift' and '4' at the same time then release, a target cursor will appear. left click and Rubber band/highlight the bounce screen release the mouse button. You now have a picture of your bounce screen. Post it and maybe one of the admins will spot something.

Good luck,

Mark

1373019436_Picture2.png.fa3081f3221f05e08a3ec4d48b0e15ea.png

854615045_Picture1.png.b7047b07d2089035f7439075a1275bf4.png