EVB3 - Getting Velocity Sensitivity? [SOLVED]

alex-new-to-logic

Dear Logic Colleagues

Logic provides us with EVB3, which is a pretty cool plugin, supposed to sound like an Organ. I need to use Church Organ sound for one of my tunes.

I noticed that the strength of the touch does not control velocity. In other words, every note you hit will sound exactly with the same velocity.

Looked all controls / logic manual - no result. EXS, for instance, has a separate control that allows you to figure out how much velocity changes depending on the touch (for all its instruments)

Any ideas? I also tried playing with plugging in a pedal (sustain) and trying to figure out if I can control the count with it. According to Logic Manual, this should be CC 7.

THanks in advance

Alex

• Like 1

Yep, organs are NOT velocity sensitive, so you aren't going to find any vst's that do it. Even if you did, it wouldn't be true to what it's supposed to sound like.

Real organs have what is called a 'swell' pedal, which is basically a volume pedal. Good organists will ride this and color their phrases subtly with changes of the volume this way. Use subtle automation to achieve the same thing and you'll be good to go!

• Like 1

Real organs have what is called a 'swell' pedal, which is basically a volume pedal. Good organists will ride this and color their phrases subtly with changes of the volume this way. Use subtle automation to achieve the same thing and you'll be good to go!

By the way in the EVB3 this is achieved with Control #11 (Expression).

• Like 1

By the way in the EVB3 this is achieved with Control #11 (Expression).

Thanks a lot to all for your response!!! I guess I understand the issue, although it would be nice to at least have an option (like on EXS 24) Following with another question on Control 11. This may be a very rudimentary question.... but how do I set up to ensure that my sustain pedal now controls expression via CC 11? I am sure there is a place where I can set it up, while is still controls sustain on other tracks... Otherwise, how to I take advantage of this "swell" pedal feature?

Thanks again