How can I get rid of artifacts on a loop I've slowed down

RenoDivorce

Hey all. New to the forum and Logic, as well. I've created an upright rockabilly bass loop in garageband and imported it to Logic 9. I slowed the tempo down signifigantly and changed the key of the instrument, too. Needless to say, the bass sounds "farty" and has alot of "artifacts". Is there any way to clean this up in Logic? Should I have created the loop in Logic to begin with? I use GB because it seems like its easier to change key and timing.

Thanks!

In Logic, in the Arrange area, select the audio region and choose Audio > Open in Apple Loops Utility. Then in the Apple Loops Utility, click the "transients" tab and adjust the transient markers. Delete transient markers that are in the middle of the sustain tail of a note. Make sure you have transient markers on every note's attack, and add transient markers at the end of every note. Where there's a glide or a glissando, you may want to add transient markers in the middle of the glissando to "tighten things up".