Need easy scoring program with lots of flexibility...

Hello. I can't seem to make the charts that I need. I'm sure it's probably user error, but I would like to be able to take the midi data from Logic Pro 9 to a scoring program where I can move notes around easily, change staffs, make F flats into E naturals, add performance markings, chord symbols, etc. without, hopefully, a huge learning curve. I'm mostly making lead sheets of jazz/fusion tunes, but there are guitar parts with explicit voicings and occasional drum parts. I'm willing to pay money for an easy, fast program with lots of flexibility. I'm using a Mac. Thanks!

You can export midi from logic and open the midi data in any other program, including a notation program like Finale or Sibelius.

Read the logic manual about preparing your logic projects for midi exportation. There are several things you need to do like merge regions per track.

Also, read up on the different midi formats.

pg. 1008 in logic 9 manual.

Hello. I can't seem to make the charts that I need. I'm sure it's probably user error, but I would like to be able to take the midi data from Logic Pro 9 to a scoring program where I can move notes around easily, change staffs, make F flats into E naturals, add performance markings, chord symbols, etc. without, hopefully, a huge learning curve. I'm mostly making lead sheets of jazz/fusion tunes, but there are guitar parts with explicit voicings and occasional drum parts. I'm willing to pay money for an easy, fast program with lots of flexibility. I'm using a Mac. Thanks!

Logic.

I wish I knew more about Logic's score editor, as I know it's pretty powerful. I've just got too much demanding my attention to spend time on that...as much as I wish it was a skill I had.

I've used Finale SongWriter for years for my notation projects. It's not Finale's top-of-the-line offering, and it does have some limitations, but it does everything I need it to, and is quite user-friendly. Makes great charts!

I have never imported MIDI data into it, though, although it has that capability. I haven't checked, but I think it's still $49 -- a bargain!

-Bruce