Making "dynamic effects"

Tyrannosaurus

go to your mixing board, change your output track into read mode (just click the square box that says off and change it to read) then a new track will appear in your arrange area called "output" press A which will bring up your automation. Drag the line all the way down, then click on it again to add another dot and raise the dot up. wala your song will start out quiet and get loud! make sense?

I need some more help with this lol. I tried reading the manual but I didn't explain how to do this. In the multipressor I have dragged the last three bands all the way down, making my guitar sound very deep and muffled, and I want my guitar track to beging with this sound, then over a few seconds change into how it would sound without using the multipressor at all. Anyone know how to do this?

Oh sorry I thought u were just talking about dynamics of the song in terms of loudness. You do that pretty much the same way. Put your multipress on the output track. Change the output track into touch mode. (research more about touch, latch, and read mode in the manual) then play a few seconds of your song till you want the multipress to go away. When you're done with it, option click on it which will bypass it and turn it off. When a plugin is bypassed it will no longer have a blue box around it. now change your track to read mode, start the song over, and it will play the automation u just wrote and will automatically turn the multipress off for u everytime your song plays at that certain point.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Pro-Training-Logic-Express/dp/0321636805

this book will help you learn a lot of stuff too and you won't have to deal with pernicious logic forum assholes

hope this helps.

making my guitar sound very deep and muffled, and I want my guitar track to beging with this sound, then over a few seconds change into how it would sound without using the multipressor at all. Anyone know how to do this?

You could just automate a Hi Cut/Low Pass Filter? Start Low (muffled) and gradually open it up until it sounds nice and bright and natural.

R.

making my guitar sound very deep and muffled, and I want my guitar track to beging with this sound, then over a few seconds change into how it would sound without using the multipressor at all. Anyone know how to do this?

You could just automate a Hi Cut/Low Pass Filter? Start Low (muffled) and gradually open it up until it sounds nice and bright and natural.

R.

Excellent idea.

A simple method is to automate reverb (wet to dry) and automate the high end of the EQ (cut the highs and automate them back in).

hahaha mkk that'll be a little more complicated I guess... if you wanna do this effect to just your guitar then go to your mixing board, click one of the boxes marked "sends" on your guitar track and choose bus 1. now a new track will appear marked aux 1. put the multipress on aux 1. change your guitar track to touch mode. turn the green knob so its all the way to the right and all of your guitar signal is getting sent to the multipress. Then press play and slowly pull the knob to the right so less and less signal is being sent to the mutipress. Then set your track to read mode and play it back again and yayayaa u just spent 500 hours doing one cool effect lol.

R.

Excellent idea.

A simple method is to automate reverb (wet to dry) and automate the high end of the EQ (cut the highs and automate them back in).

Hahaha...