Sustain pedal works in GarageBand, not in Logic 8? [SOLVED]

fwduvall

Hello all. I have been trying to figure this out for weeks and finally i just can't waste anymore time trying to get this thing to work. Here is my setup.

Running Logic 8 using a MOTU 828 mk II and an M-audio Oxygen 49 3rd generation USB powered keyboard. I downloaded the DirectLink update for the Oxygen keyboard so i could use the faders, knobs and transport for my mixer. Seems to work fine. I push down on the sustain pedal for different virtual instruments and nothing happens. However, i can open GarageBand and the sustain pedal works in there. I have tried to use the Learn Mode within Logic but i am not having any different results. I have also tried to use the 'advanced' mode on the actual keyboard to try to program the sustain pedal to activate.

Anyone out there use this keyboard and have any problems setting MIDI data? Suggestions are definitely welcome. Thanks for your time.

Not when i push down on the sustain pedal.

OK, that means that controller 64 (sustain), is currently assigned to control something else other than sustain. Could be related to the DirectLink stuff, or maybe you manually assigned it to something else by mistake.

Normally, you should see this (if your controller is sending on channel 1):

http://logicprohelp.com/files/sustain_165.png

J.

I just uninstalled the DirectLink and the sustain pedal is still not being detected in the transport bar within Logic. It just says No MIDI input.

maybe you manually assigned it to something else by mistake.

If you quit Logic and delete this file:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs

...all controller assignments will be deleted as well.

You could also open the controller assingments window (Command+K) and look for an assignment controlled by "Control Change 64", in the Expert View.

Deleting the control surfaces preference file mentioned above would be easier.

J.