"Control surface follow track selection" option br

zmix

The Control Surface Preferences option "Control surface follows track selection" tick box seems to be broken...

Here is an example of why I need this mode to function properly:

I have a reverb plugin inserted on an AUX channel and I want to edit it using the "PLUG-IN" mode on my Mackie controller.

I have a variety of sources which I am sending to this one AUX .

If I select a particular channel in the arrange page ( for example, to adjust a send level) the Mackie immediately snaps to the selected channel whether the "Control surface follows track selection" box is ticked or not.

Logic pro 9.1.3

Quad 2.93GHZ MacPro

OSX 10.6.5

The Control Surface Preferences option "Control surface follows track selection" tick box seems to be broken...

I have a reverb plugin inserted on an AUX channel and I want to edit it using the "PLUG-IN" mode on my Mackie controller.

If I select a particular channel in the arrange page ( for example, to adjust a send level) the Mackie immediately snaps to the selected channel whether the "Control surface follows track selection" box is ticked or not.

Logic pro 9.1.3

Quad 2.93GHZ MacPro

OSX 10.6.5

I have a mackie control as well. I have found the behavior to be pretty weird on aux tracks unless they are present in the arrange window.. Select the aux and hit ctrl-t to do that.

Logic pro 9.1.3

Quad 2.93GHZ MacPro

OSX 10.6.5

I have a mackie control as well. I have found the behavior to be pretty weird on aux tracks unless they are present in the arrange window.. Select the aux and hit ctrl-t to do that.

That's an unrelated problem, but I addressed it here, FYI:

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=12876249#12876249

Logic pro 9.1.3

Quad 2.93GHZ MacPro

OSX 10.6.5

That's an unrelated problem, but I addressed it here, FYI:

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=12876249#12876249

I've actually picked up a euphonix mc mix the other day mainly because the mackie is kind of limited and kind of big for my desk.. You may want to check those out...

I can't stand the transport buttons on that Euphonix... I find the ergonomics in general all wrong... Glad you're getting use out of yours.

Does disabling the "Control surface follows track selection" parameter in logic work correctly on the Euphonix?

I can't stand the transport buttons on that Euphonix... I find the ergonomics in general all wrong... Glad you're getting use out of yours.

Does disabling the "Control surface follows track selection" parameter in logic work correctly on the Euphonix?

Yeah it does.. I also have an mc transport which is not bad..

Logic pro 9.1.3

Quad 2.93GHZ MacPro

OSX 10.6.5

The "Track Lock" parameter in the Control Surfaces setup window apparently duplicates the functionality of the "Control surface follows track selection" button.....

Track Lock: Determines how the control surface responds when a track is selected in Logic Pro—in essence, this remotely affects the Track and Track (Split Lower) parameters. When set to “on,” the control surface group continues to display the same track, independent of the currently selected track in Logic Pro. When set to Off, the control surface group automatically switches to the selected track, whenever a track is selected in Logic Pro.

Logic pro 9.1.3

Quad 2.93GHZ MacPro

OSX 10.6.5

The "Track Lock" parameter in the Control Surfaces setup window apparently duplicates the functionality of the "Control surface follows track selection" button.....

Track Lock: Determines how the control surface responds when a track is selected in Logic Pro—in essence, this remotely affects the Track and Track (Split Lower) parameters. When set to “on,” the control surface group continues to display the same track, independent of the currently selected track in Logic Pro. When set to Off, the control surface group automatically switches to the selected track, whenever a track is selected in Logic Pro.

That's not really the same thing though.. that causes the mackie's parameters to stay in one place regardless of the selected track. I had that accidentally switched on once and it drove me nuts..

That's not really the same thing though.. that causes the mackie's parameters to stay in one place regardless of the selected track. I had that accidentally switched on once and it drove me nuts..

Yep, you're correct... Ugh! It appeared to be the same, until I attempted to access a different plugin.

The "Track Lock" should be an easily accessed button ON the controller.. ! Maybe it can be set up as a key command...

Weirdly, after toggling the track lock a few times, the "Control surface follows track selection" started to function as expected when de-selected. (i.e. the control surfaces stayed put despite arrange window track selection).

Very frustrating troubleshooting on this one, so many random and unpredictable results. It's like working on a new DAW every day.... (Oh, wait, that's why they call them "Bugs")