Pitching Drums to KEY of track

deep6ixx

Hi,

Would anyone know of a good tool that can detect the pitch of a fast transient drum hit and indicate the current key of sound, then offer the ability to shift the key to your liking or keys of your current track. I know this is pretty anal and people would say just use your ears, but it would be really nice to A/B the proper sample in key vs my ears.

I did try the tuner in Logic and it only goes up to 5 octaves, it also has trouble with fast decay type sounds. I also used it with with the pitchshifter 2 plugin.

Thanks!

Interestingly Hal Blaine used to tune his toms to the song key on the Carpenter's tracks.

I don't know of any software offhand that reads drum pitches.I guess the problem would be short transients of the beats so if you could find a way to extend the sounding of the note like extended decay , or looping it into a an echo , you may be able to get a tuner to listen to it. Other than that just try and pitch it by ear ?

Sorry can't be of more help but I'm sure somebody out there has cracked it.

Harun

Interestingly Hal Blaine used to tune his toms to the song key on the Carpenter's tracks.

I don't know of any software offhand that reads drum pitches.I guess the problem would be short transients of the beats so if you could find a way to extend the sounding of the note like extended decay , or looping it into a an echo , you may be able to get a tuner to listen to it. Other than that just try and pitch it by ear ?

Sorry can't be of more help but I'm sure somebody out there has cracked it.

Harun