Logic Pro 9 not registering Kontakt 1 and 2

dathuman

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me,

I've recently upgraded my computer from a PowerMac G4 to an iMac. I also upgraded Logic from 7 to Logic Pro 9.

Since doing so, Logic now fails to recognise Kontakt 1 and 2. When I open old projects I've worked on using Kontakt 2 it says: 'Plug-in Kontakt 2 not available'.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? I've cleared my cache that didn't seem to help. I don't want to uninstall and reinstall the programmes because I'm worried I will lose all the settings on projects I am currently working on that use Kontakt 1 and 2.

I downloaded the demo version of Kontakt 4 and Logic Pro recognised it straight away.

Help

Thank you! :?

You can't use your old Kontakt library in an Intel Mac with the old Kontakt sampler. You have to have Kontakt 4 player to access those older samples. I went through the same thing and was told by Native Instruments they no longer support the older versions. It's a pity because unless you have the full version of Kontakt 4 you lose all of the filters, fx, etc. The demo version is just a sample player, nothing else. Nice one Native Instruments. :roll: Update $149 or Full Version $399 (ouch)

Archived