Jump to content

song file corrupted in logic9


lak

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I discovered to my horror today that a song file I'd been working on for days has been corrupted (I think that's the correct term?) Edits to vocal tracks have been partially undone, whole tracks have been removed and even an instrument that wasn't recorded has appeared on a track partially obscuring backing vocals!

I restored to an earlier backup via time machine which was better but the damage to the vocal edits is still apparent.

The original, unmixed/edited song file seems ok so I can always start mixing the song from scratch.

Has anyone else encountered something like this? I'm new to Logic so advice and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Lawrence

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my experience, Project corruption is the exception rather than the rule. It rarely happens to me.

 

If you work from "homemade" Templates, they can also become corrupt...thereby "infecting" resulting Projects. I've seen this most when starting a Project in a current Logic version from an earlier Logic version's Template. For example: Starting a Logic 9 Project from a Logic 7 or 8 Template.

 

I always remake my Templates for each new Logic number upgrade. I made new ones for Logic 9.0 that I've used through all the "point" releases (9.0.1 - 9.1.3).

I'll make new ones for Logic 10.

 

Sometimes sh!t just happens.......computers and all that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks redlogic. I did in fact record the sessions on the performer's Macbook using Logic Express 8 as my imac (with Logic 9) died the day before the sessions were due to start (what are the chances!!) I'm mixing on my repaired imac in Logic 9. So this could be why.

I also altered the name of the song files slightly from "Om Shakti cd" to "Om Shakti PM1". Could that be a cause too? Whenever I make a copy of the original file and name it with the latter the corruption occurs and sign appears saying something like 38 regions were altered. When I made a copy and called it "Om Shakti cd 2a" it was fine. Yeah, computers!!

Thanks again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

oh my goodness, thank you redlogic! I was getting ready to reinstall! A file I've been working on for months decided to start crashing every time I tried to drag the edges of a midi recording, or if I tried to even just move an audio file in the arrange. But selective import worked like a charm!!! :D :D :D
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...