Constant Crashes When Editing Comped Audio Files

Greg Nicolett

In two sessions now I have run into an issue in which, after recording several takes, comping them, and merging them, Logic will crash if I MOVE that new audio region anywhere. It will crash if I make an edit in the region and try to move this new region somewhere, and it will crash if I DON'T merge the comp'd take to a new file and make changes to the unflattened folder.

Basically, comping takes is causing a crash fest.

I don't feel like I ran into this before the 10.6.6 update, which seems to have decreased stability and performance in Logic overall. Anyone encountering similar issues?

In two sessions now I have run into an issue in which, after recording several takes, comping them, and merging them, Logic will crash if I MOVE that new audio region anywhere. It will crash if I make an edit in the region and try to move this new region somewhere, and it will crash if I DON'T merge the comp'd take to a new file and make changes to the unflattened folder.

Basically, comping takes is causing a crash fest.

I don't feel like I ran into this before the 10.6.6 update, which seems to have decreased stability and performance in Logic overall. Anyone encountering similar issues?

I have not had that issue yet, but have you deleted all the unused audio files in the session?...also you can freeze tracks that you do not need to comp audio it should free up processing power...