recording on logic

steev93

hi

i expect this is really simple but i dont know how to do it.

i get on to the mixer and press record on an audio channel, it starts recording and then there is nothing when stopped. so what should i do to get a recording to work?

please help

steve

Wow, well you won't record much plugging a headphones into a mic input. I mean, you'll have some sound, but not much. It's possible that you recorded something but it's soo looow that you can't hear anything back.

Do you have a guitar or a mic, a CD player or even a DVD player's audio out, that you could plug-in to do some proper testing?

Hi Steve. What Audio Interface/Soundcard do you use? What mixer?

Also, what do you mean by "it starts recording"? Ar you sure you press the record button? The whole bar ruler area (top of the arrange window) should be in RED while Logic is recording. Is it the case? Also, you should see an Audio Region being created by the Song Position Line.

I'm just checking to see if you have the basic symptoms of recording audio, because it does seem that you get the audio into your computer.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Not sure if this is exactly the same problem, I also have problems recording in Logic Audio but when recording using ASIO drivers. I hit record but it doesn't register any input. WHen I switch it to the standard driver (PV I think ..?) it records OK (i.e. gets a signal) so I know its all plugged in correct but the quality isn't good. I want to use ASIO because this is meant to be better quality.

Could it be to do with my soundcard? I'm using Creative SOundblaster Audigy Platinum EX - I heard there are problems with this and ASIO but can;t find how to fix it. Does anyone know what the problem might be and how to get around it?

Thanks

Nick