why is release not stopping in exs24 but does in es2

zroq

Is the One shot box checked in the Edit window in the EXS?

that doesn't matter if it is on or off , you can just open the EXS24 and with that beginning sinus tone you can do a check already , and see what happens..

if you load in a sample , it will stil be the same situation. what ever you try

i wonder why is that ? a BUG ?

or maybe they forgot to program it properly :-)

but thanks for quick reaction ...

I just quickly checked again, and the default sine DOES respond to my ADSR settings.

Sorry for stating the obvious but the AMP Envelope is Env2 not Env1.

yes it does respond , but not right away like in the ES2

there is a difference :

in the ES2 the amp release stops immediately when you put the value from 127 to 0 .

in the EXS24 when you put the amp release value from 127 to 0 , it will fade slowly ..

you see now ?

:-)

sometimes i like to stop the amp release right away , but it seems imposible on the EXS24.. too bad .

now i have to use the ES2 to use that amp release feature , but i rather use my samples .. maybe they fix it one day :-)

:idea:

Ok I get it. Behaves the same here.

A quick workaround is to switch the EXS to mono & play a note with a short release so it'll cut the previous long release note.

I think i't's because the EXS is a sampler while the ES2, being a synth, calculates the sound in real time. Just guessing though.

Unless you automate the release, shouldn't be a problem imho.

in the ES2 the amp release stops immediately when you put the value from 127 to 0 .

in the EXS24 when you put the amp release value from 127 to 0 , it will fade slowly ..

Can't check it now, but here are some thoughts: Some parameters are read when the note is being triggered on by some synthesizers. Maybe you should try to change the release value before the Note On event of the note you want to make shorter (and later change it back, if you like). And remember you can also mute the note by setting Volume to Zero in the right moment (won't be adequate for more than one voice, though).

Ok I get it. Behaves the same here.

A quick workaround is to switch the EXS to mono & play a note with a short release so it'll cut the previous long release note.

I think i't's because the EXS is a sampler while the ES2, being a synth, calculates the sound in real time. Just guessing though.

Unless you automate the release, shouldn't be a problem imho.

i know , i realize that i will never be able to use the amp release like i tweak it in the ES2

i will get over it :-)

hey thanks for your fast replies !!!

i have more issues .. see my other forum topics :-)

kind a interesting stuff..