Some nasty nasty bass sounds (cst) Hide your daughter.

Dubstep Wobble:

(LFO sound below)

Try it in the first octave and turn the autofilter plug-in's rate knob to modulate the rate of the wobble. I'd usually cut off some bottom end of a sound like this and add a separate sub bass synth to play along and follow it.

Oh look what we have here!

(sub Sound below)

This sub bass sound I would probably use in a track with these actual plugins. While 3rd party synths usually suit my tastes more, I find that the ES2 along with the Subbass plugin are capable of the absolute best sub bass sounds. I dialed the distortion plugin at the end to get this sound to blend better with the wobble sound, but you'll get more sub frequencies slightly lowering the frequency parameter here, or bypassing the plugin (watch your levels, the signal is way hotter before the distortion plug. I left a gain plugin there that can be activated for this purpose.)

Also, activate the eq I left at the end of the wobble sound to play it with the sub bass. I left the bottom end there so you could hear what its supposed to sound like with just that sound, but those frequencies tend to bump too much with a bandpass LFO filter. If its not cut it'll bump way over a comfortable level with an additional sub sound.

Some additional EQing is probably needed. I only spent enough time to get it into the ballpark.

WM Rat Bastad Sub.cst

WM Square Bit Panic.cst

Edited by Wave Mekanix

• 1 month later...
appreciate the link. helped make some sense to this stuff. i see CST's are a set up of settings on your channel but also include an instrument. But a PST, is that an effect? do synths come under these formats?

It's basically a file that contains settings for a plug-in. Like a preset, if you like.

The plug-in can be an instrument or a effect.

J.