Installing Logic instrument Icons? [SOLVED]

Arkadi

Couple things I figured out for any newbies like myself out there...

1. You have to number the icons to make them appear in Logic

2. Instead of creating an images folder... use this method:

Navigate to the Applications folder and right click (or control click) on the Logic icon then navigate to:

Show Package Contents -> Contents -> Resources -> Images -> Icons

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, I have followed the instructions above, renamed the icons from 325 upwards and made sure the icons are no bigger than 128 x128 but when i fire up logic the icons I've put in the folder - Application/Logic/contents/Resources//images/icons do no appear!

Any Ideas?

Cheers

Exactly as Eric said. Create the 2 folders if necessary. I've got 385 icons in my Icons folder, most of which I've created myself. They all show up in Logic. So just follow the above instructions.

The icons not only make the Arrange page look more aesthetically pleasing, but also make it easier to recognise the content each track.

Hi, lately i've run into trouble. I cannot find my Logic Icons folder anymore. Though, i haven't lost the icons i've made. I remember having Library -folder under my username, but that doesn't now exist anymore. Really Weird. If i search the icons with spotlight, i don't have any hits either :/.

Do you have an external backup HDD? I've messed up a couple times trying to put files into the Logic folders (plugins, etc), but I just reload everything from the previous day and I'm usually good.

Hi, lately i've run into trouble. I cannot find my Logic Icons folder anymore. Though, i haven't lost the icons i've made. I remember having Library -folder under my username, but that doesn't now exist anymore. Really Weird. If i search the icons with spotlight, i don't have any hits either :/.

Do you have an external backup HDD? I've messed up a couple times trying to put files into the Logic folders (plugins, etc), but I just reload everything from the previous day and I'm usually good.

Well, i guess i have, but i'd like to find reason behind this more importantly. Don't know if the "reason" is the right word. I think it's happening everywhere, like if i search for the AMS config file which i have saved as "WB.mcfg", spotlight only finds the one which is on my Backup folder, but not the file OS is really using. I've also checked Spotlight preferences, so i'm not excluding any folders from it. Weird!.

Edit: Actually i was able to drag those important folders to Finder sidebar using OnyX. Somehow it sees the user/Library folder, which is some weird way hidden from me. If i select "show hidden files and folders" from OnyX

http://www.waveformbakery.com/_img/other/onyx.png

I can see the folder (with bunch of other stuff i don't really want to see) then in my Finder, but it's still kind of grayed out, but i can select it and go inside the folder.

http://www.waveformbakery.com/_img/other/hidden-folder.png

In the end, i choose not to see all those hidden folders and dragged user/Library folder to sidebar, Problem solved, but pretty weird.

• 3 weeks later...
How many icons total are allowed in Logic Pro? Will placing them in the User Library / Images / Icon Folder extend the amount that can be used? Also, what happens if 2 different Icons in 2 different locations such as (User Library vs Package Contents) have the same number assigned to them?

• 3 weeks later...
I cannot locate my Icons folder. In /Library/ Application Support/ Logic, there is no folder called "images." I even searched my computer for all .png files and found none of Logic's icons, yet icons are available when using Logic. Where are my icons?

Right or Control click on the Logic Pro application and select Show Package Contents.

235366953_ShowPackageContents.png.af6ad775616c22016eae57370a68ebad.png

Then, Contents > Resources > Images > Icons

Path.png.14349e11ebb18e693bb6e9b8cda79700.png

+1 on Eric's comment

When you update, it can cause weird issues if you have changed/modified your original App in some manner... especially as Apple now use Delta updates (only updating the part(s) of an app than have changed) instead of replacing the entire app as before..

Using the 'path' method is by far, the safest route imho...

I find it better practise to not fiddle with the Logic application itself.

It's easier to use this path:

~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Images/Icons

Create an Images and an Icons folder if they are not there already.

+1 on Eric's comment

When you update, it can cause weird issues if you have changed/modified your original App in some manner... especially as Apple now use Delta updates (only updating the part(s) of an app than have changed) instead of replacing the entire app as before..

Using the 'path' method is by far, the safest route imho...

Big +1 to both of the above.

My post was in reference to:

I even searched my computer for all .png files and found none of Logic's icons, yet icons are available when using Logic. Where are my icons?

Big +1 to both of the above.

My post was in reference to:

I even searched my computer for all .png files and found none of Logic's icons, yet icons are available when using Logic. Where are my icons?

Ah, now I get it, putting it in context...

Anyway! It's just good to be clear about the different methods.

One of the huge advantages in using the user Library is when using several computers or when making clean installs.

It's so easy to just copy the ~/Library/Application Support/Logic folder to a USB stick, external drive, Dropbox... - You name it! Then you can always have access to your custom CSS, Icons, Sampler Instruments and so on wherever you go.

Anyway! It's just good to be clear about the different methods.

One of the huge advantages in using the user Library is when using several computers or when making clean installs.

It's so easy to just copy the ~/Library/Application Support/Logic folder to a USB stick, external drive, Dropbox... - You name it! Then you can always have access to your custom CSS, Icons, Sampler Instruments and so on wherever you go.

TRUTH!

:wink: