vs880 as controller?

adair

trying to use an old vs880 to send fader date via midi- logic learned the assignments of the faders I wanted it to but it responds slowly and the data is wrong. for example when I slide the fader to full volume on the vs880 the logic mixed fader goes to zero. It's not exactly opposite either by randomly off seeming. Any ideas?

Thanks changing the CC paramater worked- Logic responds beautifully to the fader information- but oddly enough transport controls don't respond. Now the dusty paperweight that cost me $1200 in 1996 can save me the $199 on a control surface.

Sorry for the forum faux pax haven't posted anywhere in a long time- where should this question have been posted? I really appreciate a forum like this and the expert help available here.

Hey, glad it's working better now. :)

Looks like the VS880 transport buttons send MMC commands that can be used to control Logic's transport. To set Logic up to listen to these commands go to Settings > Synchronization > MIDI > MIDI Machine Control and check the "Listen to MMC Input" box.

A better forum for your question would have been the Control Room.

Cheers,

j.