BFD2 Midi recording

El Coringa

Hey masters,

I use a keyboard controller to play the drums from BFD2 (already assigned with aux/bus).

1) I can't use the keyboard while recording just audio tracks themselves, I need to enable Rec button of the Instrument track so that I can record via keyboard controller. Is that right?

2) Once recording via Instrument track w/ REC enabled + Audio tracks w/ REC enabled, the result is a "duplicated" sound! It seems that I played over the same tracks!

Can you guys help me?

P.S. Sorry my English!

1) I can't use the keyboard while recording just audio tracks themselves, I need to enable Rec button of the Instrument track so that I can record via keyboard controller. Is that right?

Yes, the instrument track must be selected/record-ready to be able to respond to MIDI input from your keyboard.

2) Once recording via Instrument track w/ REC enabled + Audio tracks w/ REC enabled, the result is a "duplicated" sound! It seems that I played over the same tracks!

Do you have a particular reason for wanting to record BFD's output (audio) while you also sequence the MIDI notes?

If you have routed the audio from one of the Aux channels (by sending via a bus) to an audio channel, you may be hearing the "duplicated" audio because both the aux and audio channel's outputs may be both set to go out the main stereo out channel.

I'm just guessing, maybe you mean something else...could you post a screenshot of what's going on in your project?

J.