Audio Interface - M-Audio Profire 2626 or MOTU 828MKii

I am trying to decide on an audio interface. I currently have a MOTU 828mkii, but I have the opportunity to trade up or down, depending on everyones views to a M-Audio Profire 2626.

My concerns are as follows:

I know the mkii is older technology, so would it be better to get a newer piece of gear?

I have a Presonus M80 pre-amp, with the ACP88 connected with the Alesis AI3 connecting it to the 828MKii via alesis light pipe (Either I can get rid of the Presonus gear, or I need an interface that will accomodate a light pipe connection)

Do the M-Audio mic pre's compete with the Presonus?

I have the monitor out of the MKii going to a ProCo Switchwitch. That is allowing me to switch between 4 different monitors.

Any insight on these two interfaces is helpful. If you had the choice, which one would you choose? why?

Thank you so much for all of your help eveyone,

Have a great day,

J-

I also agree. Stay away from M-Audio. I currently have a ProFire 610 and it's gotten quite flaky over the past month or so. Sometimes it fails to output any audio, requiring a restart. Once the MIDI I/O stopped working altogether. That required a driver reinstallation. Sometimes it just won't play in Pro Tools on anything under a 512 buffer. Requires a restart. And now and then it gives me overflow errors in Logic if it's daisychained with a hard drive.

I cannot wait to get away from this device.