Which version of melodyne?

I've got UNO and I like it alot. Not likely to get the big version myself as I have Radium pitch and time corrector. The plugin is an AU. You can't copy and paste with it but it's probably more convenient.

I have a beef about UNO, it doesn't correctly remember when you move the start point in the MDD file. Not an issue if you finish the job in one go but sometimes I want to open up the same file.

When I use it as a sample editor, it can actually point to more than one file at once in a song, but not at the same time... the window will only open for one file at a time.

The multitrack version gives you many creative options and the top version also comes with polyphonic pitch and time manipulation, which the AU plug does not.

Hope that helps!

arifd is right, but maybe not the most diplomatic way of stating it. It is hard to know what you want when we don't know your specific needs. I have Melodyne studio and might be able to point you in the right direction if you explain what you are looking for. The main thing the studio version offers is the polyphonic capabilities. If all you need to manipulate are mono sources, there probably is no need for the studio version.

Also, I have not had much of a chance to work with the new plug-in version, but there are some limitations in that you still have to send the audio to Melodyne before you can work with it there. No real time stuff.

Read this thread:

http://www.unicornation.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16465&highlight=melodyne+plug

• 2 weeks later...

For any of you who have the Studio version of Melodyne, I'm wondering how well it actually sounds time stretching polyphonic material. To wit, I have not found Logic's time and pitch machine all that useful because of the artifacts it creates.

Also, I'd be curious to know how Melodyne compares to Serato in terms of time-stretching polyphonic material (whole mixes in particular). Thanks in advance for any opinons...