multiple midi inputs to specific midi devices

leebwright01

THANKS for your response(s) in advance. I'm lookig for a way to record multiple midi instruments, simultainiously; each midi input assisgned to their specific midi device (either plug-in or external midi device). I'm thinking the Environment is the place to configure this, however I have yet to discover the resolution.

My goal:

A80 ---> LOGIC MIDI TRACK ---> JV880

MPC1000 --->LOCIC MIDI TRACK --->BFD

EDIROL ---> LOGIC MIDI TRACK ---> Atmosphere

SIMULTAINIOUSLY.

Can Logic Pro accomplish this functionality?

Thanks much,

Lee

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, the article in the reply doesn't seem apply to my situation. I think this must be an issue with the fact that Logic can only represent 1 physical input...; where there are multiple inputs, and only 1 seq input where there are multiple seq i/p's.

What I'm attempting to accomplish is: (via a 8x8 motu miditimepiece) A80 (MTP ch6) to JV880 AND MPC1000 port 1 ch10) to BFD simultaneously.

In the environments' "Click & Ports", it seems I can insert midi channel splits between the physical i/p and seq i/p, but i need to split the ports of the MIDI interface to midi instruments (externally and internal).

Thanks again for your awesome assistance.

I am Grateful!

Best regards