Please Help "Error code -1 again"

xl5

Yes, it's time again for another installment of that good old " Error code -1 was returned by the Core Audio Driver" Saga kids !

Of course I've had this error message showing up in the past a couple of times, mostly when installing free AUs and deactivating them would get rid of the problem.

But this time it's REALLY weird.

I deactivated all my 3rd party plugins, unplugged my audio and midi interface and my usb keybord, better yet, I unplugged everything but my G5. Then I trashed my preferences, repaired my system drive and repaired the permissions.

But Logic Pro 7.1.1 still gives me that "Error code -1 was returned by the Core Audio Driver" twice in a row. Though it doesn't seem to affect Logic, it is still very annoying and definately telling me something's not normal.

Honnestly, I don't know what to do next :(

Any thoughts ?

Edited by xl5

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your help.

I prayed all the way for this to work but unfortunately it didn't.

BUT, now I know it definately has something to do with my Autoload song since none of my projects or templates return this error code!

So again,thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction :wink:

OK, problem solved :shock:

I am posting this just so it can help someone in this situation in the futur.

I opened Logic Pro again with my autolaod. The only thing I changed is the track selected in my autoload, in my case it was my EZDrummer track. I just selected another track, saved back my autoload song as a template again. And what do you know? I restarted Logic Pro, it automatically laoded my autoload but this time without the dreaded error code -1 !!! Of course I tried this a couple of time to make sure this wasn't some weird random luck thing (like this wasn't weird enough yet). But everything works fine now. Don't ask me exactly why but yes, IT WORKS. :D

No problem.

I had forgotten to mention that after you open the new template song you must first save it and then open the error code project.

This seems to be a bug when updating Logic. In my case from 7.0.1 to 7.1.

Apparently this affects also 7.1.1. I don't know about further updates tho.

Maybe David can elaborate?