VST HELP

prize

Hi all,

I just recently got a new laptop and put a new version of logic pro 7 on it but......

when I reloaded my iZotope plugins they didn't pop up in logic, logic hasn't even scanned for them.

so...

how can I make logic scan for any VST plugins

and..

is Hard Drive\Library\Audio\Plugins\VST the right place to keep those

(all the apple plugins are in that directory and that is where I was keeping everything on my old mac and it worked, I assume this is better then keeping them in an individual user library on the mac.)

any hints??????

Thanks.

the Prize

FXpansion sells a VST-AU wrapper (for about 100 dollars) that enables you to use VST's in Logic. Without it your VST plugs will not work in Logic 7+, as Logic only recognizes Audio Units.. You can download it from the FXpansion site as soon as you pay for it - its only available as a download..

thanks for the info guys!

The iZotope plug-ins did load both the AU and VST plug-ins on the system. I have all the updates for the plug-ins as well as the most current logic. The only thing I can think of now (considering Live only sees the plugins as VST and not AU as well) is that iZotope might not have the AU worked out for the new Intel MacBookPro. I will contact them to find out if this has been an issue for other people.

stay tuned....

Prize[/i]