Unable to get Audio from S/PDIF Input

compilotrc

I know this is going to sound crazy but here goes. I've got a Presonus Eureka Pre with an S/PDIF out; I'm routing the cable to the S/PDIF in on a MOTU Ultralite. When I test the connection, I'm getting plenty of input signal on both the Presonus and the Ultralite but it will not seem to get into Logic. I've checked the clock settings on all three (Logic, Ultralite, Presonus) and they all agree. The really crazy part about this is that when I switch the mic to one of the Analog inputs on the Ultralite (or the Analog out of the Presonus to Analog in of the Ultralite), the signal goes through to Logic with no problems. I have ruled out any problems with the S/PDIF interface on both the Presonus and Ultralite because of the quality of signal arriving into the Ultralite.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Raymond

I believe that you are referring to input 9/10 in Logic, yes? I do have the channel inputs correct in the Ultralite, i.e 9/10. But I haven't gone to Logic to make sure that it is input 9/10 there. That could very well be my problem.

I'll give it a shot.

Thanks,

Raymond