Logic pitch correction pluggin?

greeneye

Melodyne works wonder but you also have to be willing to put some time into learning it. And add to that that it does more than pitch correction, way more !

But don't invest a dime into Autotune it will not give you better results than Logic's own plugin. And by the way, depending on what you want to achive, Logic's plugin can do pretty well.

Hope this helps.

Hi Greeneye,

I use both Autotune and Melodyne.

Although I'm a Logic fan and you can do nice things with the Logic tools, AT and Melodyne are far better for pitch correction and manipulation.

If you compare the two I would say Melodyne is much more elaborate.

So yes, I agree with JPZ, Melodyne is the best.

Ciao,

Peter

yeah at first melodyne seemed kind of wacky - much the same thought process of Logic although Logic is much more complitcated and wackier but Melodyne and Ableton Live are two of the newer programs that have blown me away - very cool

Does Melodyne have the graphic interface option like A-T?

I downloaded the Melodyne demo, but couldn't find this... I understand the ability to move notes, but the main way I use A-T involves the ability to draw expression fairly accurately... I can't really get what I want from something 'auto'.

I'm currently in OS version vs. A-T version netherland, so I need to get something soon...

Best, Marcel

You can make the notes do whatever you want with Melodyne. Look at the squiggley lines as kind of like AT graphic mode (yuck!) but way way better. Cut em, move em, remove too much vibrato and on and on. It's great. I haven't used Auto Tune in 2 years and Melodyne Cre8 (8 channels) is cheaper!

Thanks, man.

I suspected I just had to do a little more investigating...

Almost constant tracking right now, but vocal tuning (ten songs, lotsa doubling, lotsa backups) is very near in my future...

So by 8 channels, you mean I can run 8 instances simultaneously in a session? Or does this refer to polyphony? Or is this the same thing (given that audio is actually transferred)?

I don't want to do anything polyphonic, just vocals, one voice at a time. Never worked with polyphonic tuners, so please forgive my ignorance...

Best, Marcel

It's basically an 8 track DAW with plugins, mixer etc..You can run it via rewire or standalone. I usually just import a reference track and then the tracks that need fixing. You can do it a couple different ways but standalone seems to be the quickest for me becasue you're not dependent upon another app