Moving end marker

bigupya

Hi,

I'm trying to move the end of track maker on the time scale in the arrange window. It's stuck on Bar 2139 and I can't record any further. I thought I may just be able to click and drag it but that's not working...any ideas? I'm using Logic Express 7.

Edited to add...I can click and drag it back but not forward.

Thanks in advance

Look in your transport window in the lower right corner, under the midi monitor field. You should see a little field with a number representing song end (in bars - I'm gonna guess yours says 2139). You can click-hold and drag to change this. But...

Logic has a maximum number of quarter notes for a song (like 8000 and something). If you want to exceed this, you should halve you tempo or double-time your time signature (ie. 4/4 at 120bpm is the same as 4/8 at 60bpm), although both will produce some counter-intuitive bar ruler reading (every bar is now... half a bar) and WILL wreak havoc on a partially completed session.

I've seen movie guys do this, low basic tempo to achieve a long session, but they are usually more concerned with SMPTE than with bars and beats.

Hope that helps.

Best, Marcel