Mysteriously moving End of Song marker

lwilliam

I have no idea how this is happening, but this tune I'm working on normally ends at 113.4 and that's where the end-of-song marker is.

On more than one occasion, I find it in a different spot. 2 days ago I found it at 118; then just yesterday, it ended up around bar 256. I've never moved it anywhere except back to 113.

Am I accidentally hitting some key command that moves it? Anyone else experience this? Would some other process or function possibly move it?

You know, this could be happening on my rig, and I wouldn't even know it...

I tend to set song ends really long so that I don't have to think about them, and I tend not to go anywhere near them with the material I work on (rock and pop songs). I guess I would pay attention if I were scoring a film, for example...

Can you push the end of session back a bunch and simply end any looped regions with empty region blocks (I write these in with the pen tool to end loops)?

Best, Marcel

Nope. No tempo changes and no recording. Today was edit/mix day.

I even thought it might have had something to do with nudging global markers (verse1, verse2, etc), which I did, but I had at least three people say the same thing happens to them totally at random.

If you have been cut and pasting regions and accidentally put one further on in the song then moved it back to its correct place this usually moves the end of song or if you are recording something at the end of the song and it runs over slightly that also move it. You can set the end of the song on the transport bar. Hope this helps

basswatson

If you have been cut and pasting regions and accidentally put one further on in the song then moved it back to its correct place this usually moves the end of song or if you are recording something at the end of the song and it runs over slightly that also move it. You can set the end of the song on the transport bar. Hope this helps.

Yup. Buggy behavior. My current song ends at mm 49. I moved a region so that it overlapped the EOS marker by a few bars. When I hit UNDO the region went back to its original position but the EOS marker moved ahead a few bars. BUG.

Tried this experiment a few more times, pushing a region a few bars further ahead, then undo. EOS marker moved. BUG.

Move the region progressively further towards the higher bar numbers, a few bars at a time. If the region straddled the song area and the area after the EOS marker, the marker would not move. But once the region was pushed past the EOS marker, it would move. This seems like fairly normal behavior.

At this point, my EOS marker is at bar 117. So then I opened a transport window to see if the number jibed with that displayed in the transport. Results:

EOS marker = 117

Transport = 317

So let's just chalk it up to another Logic bug that we'll never get any news re whether it's going to get fixed or not because Apple doesn't feel like they have to communicate with their customers. Whoops, almost went on a bit of a rant there...