Syncing 2 Daw's?

seclusion

I'm not sure the right way to go.

I'm still using a G4 with Logic Pro all up to date with 1.5 gig's of ram.

Rock solid and great buuuttt obviously I do run out of CPU memory once I add in a softsynth or 2 or 5. Now I love Atmosphere and Stylus which I beleive still aren't UB yet! So I have them running on my PC with Sonar 6, which I have to say is solid, but I hate editing etc in there as I know where everything is in Logic.

So until I can cough up some extra $$ for a MacBook or whatever the wife'll let me buy.. :shock: I was wondering how others work. Currently what I do is have Logic trigger Sonar to play back and I record all the software instruments in Sonar and just have adat outputs come into the adat inputs of Logic and mix a bit in there! Is that the best option, or should I just be recording everything in Logic (midi out to a couple channels in Sonar) and just use Sonar like a "playback-sorta sampler" type setup?

Just curious how others work with 2 computers?

More inportant is how others use Logic Pro with another app to playback sounds etc. back into Logic?

Thanks for any thoughts!

Later

Brian

Hey Brian:

A guy I used to work with did this - he used to run Reason on a laptop and run audio out from a small interface back into a pair of 'monitor' channels in Logic...

I think he firewired the two computers together and used Rewire? Are the outboard synths you want to use able to run as Rewire objects so the parts can exist in Logic (forgive my ignorance, I'm not really much of a synth guy)? I also don't know about the logistics of doing this with a PC, though, he was using a G4 tower and a Powerbook...

I'll ask when I talk to him next.

Best, Marcel