Removing Inserts

rofonic

I don't think there's a way to remove them all at once but - just a guess - is it possible to save a channel strip with all blank inserts?

If so, then you could create a blank channel strip and load it on that channel.

If not, then I bet you could make one with an innocuous plugin like the gain plugin (set to 0db) and load that on any channel where you wanted to remove inserts.

I don't think there's a way to remove them all at once but - just a guess - is it possible to save a channel strip with all blank inserts?

If so, then you could create a blank channel strip and load it on that channel.

If not, then I bet you could make one with an innocuous plugin like the gain plugin (set to 0db) and load that on any channel where you wanted to remove inserts.

OMG - DUH!!! Why did I not think of that!!?? THANKS!!! :lol:

yep you can save a blank channel strip. I do that on my rig, heres some info on channel strip settings you can try....

go to your channel strip, click right on where it says "inserts" NOT on the insert's box, but the actual text.

everything will clear out if you do the following:

on audio tracks go to > reset track CST

on instruments go to > factory > reset instrument CST *warning, this resets everything, including the instrument in your I/O

you will also find this as a great way to save the progressions of plug ins your using, say you have a great combo of compressor > space designer > stereo delay that you want to use again, or you like but isn't useful for your current project and want to use it later, click on "inserrts" and go > save channel strip setting as. now you can recall it by clicking "inserts" and choosing it from the menu.