AUDIO PLAYING SLOW!! David help!

mrmeoff

What up everyone!!

Problem! When I drag and drop audio from a file folder into the arrange window, the audio plays at a slower tempo and pitched down. (i.e. like a turntable at -6) Not sure why Logic is doing this, its a new problem. Do I have some setup wrong in the preferences?

Meoff

P.S. David are you going to NAMM? Teaching at NAMM?

You have an issue with sample rate, the audio you are dragging in has a different sample rate than the session. To fix, make sure they match. It may also help to open the Audio window, import the files to there (Audio File>Add Audio File), and then drag from the Audio window into arrange. I'm not sure if this will make things better, but this gives Logic a chance to convert sample rates, AFAIK.

Hope that helps.

Best, Marcel

agree with marcel, that sounds like a 48 file being played by logic at 44.1 (which is natively set to 44.1, unless your audio interface has changed that). Here try this:

go to the audio menu > sample rate

switch from 44100 to 48000

try to add your files now, if they are playing fine, your audio files are in 48khz. You can use the audio window and go to factory > sample rate convert to convert them into 44.1

the debate will start on wether you should just keep them at 48 or convert to 44.1, my advice is whatever your sample collection your using is in is the sample rate I'd use, otherwise have fun converting the sample rates on all your samples.