can Apple Remote control Logic Pro transport functions?

rebetostar

unfortunately that remote is only for Apple's "Front Row", which is turning the computer into a "home entertainment center". You can't assign it to do anything than "Front Row" as far as I know... I was talking to a guy a few months back who was telling me about this remote you can get that emulates the transport buttons on a piece of hardware that you can take so you don't have to have someone (or hit and run to the drum set) hit record for you, wish I could remember what it was called! sorry! but it does exist, at least according to this guy....

try out mira; it will let you assign application specific controls to your remote. http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/30387

on that note, and this might help you also if you dont mind buying a piece of hardware, i got the Logitech MX mouse yesterday, the new one they've been advertising like crazy, and this thing is amazing for logic. it has a scroll wheel (2 actually) thats hard to explain until you use it but it blows away everything else I've tried as far as zooming in logic is concerned; anyway the reason i mention it is because you can also assign buttons on the mouse application-specific functions, so you could probably assign record to one of the mouse buttons and use it by your drumset.