Mixing BFD

groovecake

I have my BFD aux channels set up in the environment and they are working fine. Now...how do I create those tracks in the mixer so I can mix the seperate channels? I think I am missing a step. I tried adding them to the arrangement, but I got some odd results.

Also, once I get them set up, I should be able to then easily solo each one and bounce them as audio, right?

I have a feeling this is covered in one of the multi-instrument threads, but I am not sure what term I should use for the search. If someone could provide a link to the appropriate thread, that would be welcome also.

Thanks for dealing with a question that is probably elementary!!

Mitch

Why repeat what's already been said so eloquently by others? Check out the following threads. They should pretty much answer all your questions.

"Now...how do I create those tracks in the mixer so I can mix the seperate channels? I think I am missing a step. I tried adding them to the arrangement, but I got some odd results."

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=402&highlight=mixer+window

"Also, once I get them set up, I should be able to then easily solo each one and bounce them as audio, right?"

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=5028&highlight=mixer+window

Thanks Muses! The first link was exactly what I was looking for.

However, the second link brings up some concerns. I was under the impression, perhaps mistaken, that it would be a simple matter to bounce my individual BFD kit pieces to audio for mixing. The link you sent me refers to a technique that appears to create some sort of latency issues and seems like a big work around. Is this something that Logic isn't suited to do?

Thanks.

Sorry, Mitch.

Yes, you definitely can bounce down each one individually. Unfortunately, you have to do it by soloing the track then bouncing it down online, which, if you have your drums mapped out to 8 auxes (or even more, as has happened with me in the past), and you have a lengthy song, it'll take some time to bounce them all down. The thread I sent you would help you save a bit of time with bouncing them down.

Hope that helps.